The Mokopane Project is situated approximately 65 km west of Polokwane and 45 km north-northwest of Mokopane in the Mokopane District, Limpopo Province, South Africa.

Targets have been identified on farms and exploration has been conducted on two targets, Groenfontein and Zaaiplats with 18,447 tonnes contained. A scoping study was based and the results released in 2014 with base case RoM of 691 ktpa to produce ~700 tpa of 99.5% Sn purity metal which yields positive economics with a significant IRR of 34.6%. The project presents low quartile operating costs at US$14.276 /tonne of tin metal produced with spot price – US$21,300/tonne as of 24 September 2014. Greenhills possesses an interest of 74% in the project, with the remaining 26% held by local Black Economic Empowerment partners.

©2018 Afritin. All Rights Reserved. Proudly created by Lifa Communications.

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?